Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Room Boxes 2

Going back to the subject of room boxes, here are some photos of the one I made for my elder son. He is now thirty and has twin sons, born earlier this year. When I look at the things in this room box, his Play-doh, toy dog (Woof-woof, no less!), cuddly soldier, knitted by my father and then later, his passion for the guitar, his Marshall amps, his idol, (he wanted to change his name to 'Slash' when he was 14), and I wonder at how quickly the thirty years went. I miss my children, their little voices, the excitement over an outing to London and the cuddles. As they bring up their families and beyond, they can look back and these little room boxes will remind them of their youth.
Wow, that was a bit heavy, I need to make something!

No comments:

Post a Comment